Into the Bits and Bytes: A Tech Overview|4 November 2023
IPercept Technology is an industrial software and services company specialized in remote and stand-alone solutions for maintenance and operational improvement of industrial machinery. IPercept is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, and was founded in 2019 as a spin-off company from KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
We are on a mission to empower users and builders of complex industrial machines to become more effective by providing services that can enhance maintenance activities, productivity, and operational excellence, making us an ideal fit for the world’s leading manufacturing companies.
We already work with the majority of Sweden’s leading manufacturing companies and are now expanding to help all European manufacturing companies. Our solutions have transformed how our customers plan and execute maintenance activities. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of their machines’ actual health, they can now make informed decisions to improve machine efficiency and optimize operations.
What sets us apart is our ’experience-driven AI’ and powerful algorithms, which go beyond tracking and accurate data collection. By leveraging our domain knowledge and experience, we provide actionable insights that enable data driven decision making and proactive maintenance and operational strategies.
“IPercept’s solutions allow us to use our competency in a smarter way, focusing on the right tasks at the right time”
– Senior Production Manager, Automotive Manufacturing Company
We specialize in all critical machines:
- Identify and map gradual wear of shafts, ball screws, spindles, bearings, etc.
- Identify and map sudden changes of shafts, ball screws, spindles, bearings, etc.
- Analyze the root cause of errors and recommend preventive measures
- Identify additional factors, including gaps and lubrication issues
- Continuously monitor and analyze for potential collisions
- Monitor machine usage and load intensity
Our solutions and insights enable:
- Predictive and prescriptive maintenance
- Increased machine utilization and efficiency
- Optimization of planned and unplanned downtime
- Reduced performance and quality losses
- Enhanced sustainability in production
IPercept’s System Architecture
IPercept offers a simple to use, end-to-end technology that is tailored to the unique requirements of industrial machinery. For our customers, we deliver smart customizable solutions allowing for improved maintenance and operational efficiency.
The Fitness Tracker Of Industrial Machines is more than just sensors that can monitor and record data from machines. We have developed an end-to-end technology to ensure that all of our customers have the necessary competencies on board by enabling our services for their machines.
End-to-end means that our technology encompasses the entire functional spectrum, from sensor integration to analytics and digital twin workflow deployment, visualization dashboards, alerting, and reporting. Depending on the needs of the production system, the solution is offered as remote or stand-alone. Our technology can be retrofitted to any machine in less than an hour, with no need to integrate with existing controllers or capture any business-sensitive data. It also doesn’t require access to our customers’ IT infrastructures, making it the ideal choice for any industry concerned about cyber security.
Here’s a step-by-step illustration of the fitness tracker in action:
- Machine-configured smart IIoT device and precision measurement system equipped with micrometer-accurate vibration and motion sensors (15). It is designed for effortless retrofitting of one device per mechanical system and offers plug-and-protect functionality with a one-hour installation time. Additionally, it seamlessly enables wireless connectivity with our platforms. What sets it apart is the straightforward installation (24V), with no need for machine controller integration, ensuring cyber security without any IT integrations.
- Our advanced and patented algorithm analyzes data from test cycles captured by the Fitness Tracker. We create a physics-based virtual model of the machine, or digital twin, with which we can compare its expected behavior in an idealized model with its actual performance in reality. We offer a quick calibration process to set up the baseline of the machine’s mechanical systems, after which we can deliver the insights.
- Dashboards that are customized or integrated to provide insights into maintenance and operations. Enables notifications and alarms, as well as degradation stages and trends. Integration with MES/EAM/ERP systems is also an option.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more information and updates on IPercept. Get in touch with us if you have any specific questions.